Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Voodoo Doughnuts: The Magic is in the Hole!


Hi all!
So, this is really just a follow-up of Sarah's donut post. I've got to represent the NW here, since Voodoo is practically one of the most famous donut places in the U.S. (just ask the travel channel and foodnetwork). Although they aren't quite as fancy as the ones Sarah posted earlier, these donuts are cheap, creative, and delicious little bites of heaven, even if they are sometimes a little vulgar (think bachelorette/bachelor party treats;) Plus, who doesn't love a donut shop that can perform weddings!?

Here are the donuts:


Starting at the upper left, you have Sarah's fave, the maple bacon bar. That one doesn't really need much of a description, its just maple frosting with bacon on top!Then its the Butterfingering (vanilla frosting and butterfinger crumbles) and the Diablos Rex (chocolate cake donut, red sprinkles, vanilla pentagram, and chocolate chips in the middle). The next row starts with the McMinnville Cream (Bavarian cream-filled with maple frosting, two eyeballs and a mustache), the Maple Blazer Blunt (Inappropriate? Yes. Delicious? Of course! Covered in cinnamon with maple frosting and red sprinkles on one end), and the Captain my Captain (vanilla frosting and Captain Crunch cereal). The last row begins with a regular ole' powdered sugar jam filled donut, the Dubble Bubble (vanilla frosting, bubblegum dust, and a piece of gum in the middle), and the Peanut Donut (cake donut covered in chocolate frosting and peanuts). Yum Yum!

Here's a pic of my favorite donut, which they were unfortunately out of the night we went. Its the Voodoo Doll, filled with raspberry jelly and stabbed with a pretzle!


And here's the one Andrew really wanted that they were also out of. Its the Old Dirty Bastard with chocolate frosting, Oreo's, and peanut butter. Guess that just means we'll have to go again soon!


If you're interested in looking at any of their other creations, you can visit them at http://www.voodoodoughnut.com/. Its one very good reason to take a trip up here to the Pacific NW--besides seeing me of course!! Look how much the girls enjoyed them!




8 comments:

  1. I want another Maple Blazer Blunt and O' Captain my Captain now please.

    ReplyDelete
  2. MMM bacon. Also, we went back to Gourdough's last weekend to take Hunter's best friend from LSU. I got the Naughty and Nice, which was cinnamon and sugar with a little cup of butter to dip it in. We also tried Blue Balls and ODB. You can go look those up if you want, but Laura took some pictures that might be posted on the other blog. Anyways, I don't even know why I'm eating so many donuts lately since I don't even really like them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also again, how do you all have those crazy signatures at the bottom of your posts and how do I get one? Also one more time, is there a way to get email alerts when something is posted or there's a comment? B/c otherwise I'm days behind on posts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, just click on one our our signatures and it will take you to the website where you can create your own. You'll want to get the html code for it, which is an option at the end. And, I'm not sure about getting alerts...it may be possible, but I'm really not sure. I have just been checking it routinely b/c I'm kind of obsessed. I just have it saved as a favorite and click on it every so often.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, I think if you go to settings and email/mobile you can put your email address and it will notify you when something new is published. Give it a try and let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry--for the signature thing, I just saved a word doc. with the sig pasted--and just copy and paste it each time when I post. I'm not sure if there is a way to default all of your posts to have the signature.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anyone see Bakerella's post today? She's gonna be coming up here to portland for a book signing after she attends some cupcake convention on the Oregon coast. It would be kind of cool to meet her...:)

    ReplyDelete