Saturday, September 18, 2010

Pistachio Cake


So, I know this is ridiculous that I've posted so many times in the last few days, but Sarah requested this one and since fall/winter decided to come early to Portland, I've been cooped up inside today relaxing from the rain. Andrew's off brewing beer with some friends (which is probably a blogworthy post in itself) and I've been watching terrible Lifetime movies all day and could use something to do (boy do I sound lame...).

This recipe is something I found when trying to decide on a cake to make for Andrew's birthday in August. My dad and sisters got to taste it since they came up to visit right around that time. Andrew loves anything with pistachios in it and I decided to see how I could incorporate them into a birthday cake. This recipe is actually a mix of two that I found online (the cake from one and the frosting from another). I honestly cannot remember where I found each of them. Anyway, the recipe is very simple and uses box cake mix and jello instant pudding. It's so easy even Sarah could make it ;) Here's the recipe:

Pistachio Cake
Ingredients
-1 package white cake mix
-3/4 cup vegetable oil
-1 cup lemon-lime flavored carbonated beverage(I just bought 1 small bottle of Sprite)
-3 eggs
-2 (3 ounce) packages instant pistachio pudding mix
-1 tub (8 ounces) of Cool Whip
-3/4 cup milk
-chopped pistachios (optional)

Directions
1. Beat cake mix, oil, soda, eggs, and first package of pudding until smooth. Pour batter into greased 9 X 13 inch pan.
2. Bake at 325 degrees for 45 minutes, or until cake tests done.
3. In a small bowl, mix together the cool whip, the other package of pudding, and 3/4 cup of milk. Spread over cooled cake. Sprinkle with chopped pistachios if you'd like. Refrigerate.

I thought this came out tasting pretty darn good. I'm pretty sure everyone else enjoyed it too! Sarah, you'll have to let us know how it turns out!

3 comments: