Friday, September 17, 2010

Beast vs. Iron Chef


Hi!
If any of you like watching Iron Chef, tune in on Saturday to watch local Portland Chef Pomeroy battle it out. The episode actually aired last week, but I was just able to watch it tonight. Chef Pomeroy is the owner of the restaurant Beast, which has been all the rave here in Portland. She's an amazing chef and luckily, I've had the pleasure of eating her food for probably the most delicious (most expensive) meal I've ever eaten in my life. Her menu is heavily meat oriented (if you can't tell by the name), is all local, and changes weekly based on what is fresh. The restaurant itself is pretty interesting--they have 2 dinner seatings a night, where guests sit along two long tables all together. Everyone gets the same 6 course meal with no changes or opt outs. But really, why would you want to mess with a good thing? Anyway, she really is fantastic. I only wish I could eat there this week; her menu is the exact copy of what she made on Iron Chef. Unfortunately its 175 bucks a person--so for just Andrew and I to eat, it would cost almost $400!! Oh well, a girl can dream....

No comments:

Post a Comment