Monday, April 25, 2011

April Fools! (yeah, about a month late)

First of all, sorry for making this email everyone. I couldn't, for the life of me, remember what my password was and that was the only way to get a password reset link.

Now, on with the cooking. I love April Fools because I love pranks, but I never really celebrate it. I'm absolutely terrible with thinking of good enough pranks to pull on April Fools without raising suspicion. I first heard about this a long time ago, and always wanted to try it, so it seemed like the perfect time. I should also say that this was actually last year's April Fools, but I still think it's good enough to share.

Cupcakes anyone?

APRIL FOOLS! IT'S MEATLOAF!
With mashed potato frosting.

They were spit out a few times, but only because it's not what anyone was expecting. Once people realized what they were eating, they finished it. They were actually really freaking delicious.

There was no special recipe, it's just whatever meatloaf you like, and I used instant mashed potatoes (plus A LOT of food coloring). The only thing is to make sure you have foil cupcake liners. The meat cooks into a weird shape, so the foil holds the shape of a cupcake better. Plus, I'm pretty sure paper liners would just absorb juices and be soggy. Gross.

I would definitely recommend this if you want to get coworkers or something. EVERYONE will fall for it, and you'll be super popular.


4 comments:

  1. Ugh make that for me. I love meatloaf and mashed potatoes. Honestly though, I find it really hard to believe that people bit into that actually thinking it was a normal cupcake. It seems it would have such a different consistency.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, it was dark and we were distracting who we got to try them, so they weren't really paying attention. Plus, they aren't exactly the brightest bulbs in the box.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought they were cupcakes from that first picture--but I agree that you would prob be able to tell when up close. Still, I think this is hillarious and looks yummy too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I'm certain that had it been daytime or inside, they would've figured it out, which is why we gave it to them outside at night.

    ReplyDelete